Use of the Pick to Light system and Projection Picking System PPS contributed to preventing missing parts and wrong assembly of functional parts that might affect human lives.
- Product Category:Parts
- Industry:Manufacturing Plants
- Solution:Prevent Errors
- Picking System:Pick to Light
- Product:SW SeriesProjection Picking System(PPS)
- Reduced lost work hours due to work delays and shipping errors, as well as reducing training times
- Contributed to a solution for preventing missing parts and wrong assembly of functional parts that might affect human lives for automobile parts
- Enabled anyone to perform work without mistakes via the Pick to Light system and drastically reduced work delays
- Reduced working mistakes via the Projection Picking System PPS and by displaying warning information via photographs and text, reduced distribution position mistakes
- Because it is no longer necessary to have lists and remember locations, work training man hours were reduced and the burden on staff decreased as well. Reduction of man hours for operator training from 2 weeks to 3 days, saving 7 workdays and approx. 800,000 yen/year
- Lost man hours on the assembly line due to working delays, shipping errors, and the like -> 17 min/day x 10 persons ≈ 2.5M yen/year
Applied use of Pick to Light system and Projection Picking System PPS for picking and applicable parts when handling crucial safety parts
- Scanning the displayed parts shipping instruction QR code with the scanner
- Working the quantity shown on the screen and then moving it to the next processing location with the AGV
- Working the quantity shown on the screen and distributing the materials to the AGV
- Displaying work instructions for parts with designated locations via the Projection Picking System🄬 PPS and illuminating working locations so that the operator will perform the work according to the instructions.
- After working has been completed, transferring the materials to the assembly line with the AGV
- Performing assembly tasks and proceeding to the inspection step. After the inspection has been completed, transfer to finished product storage.