Use of Wireless Light Modules allowing simultaneous activity by five workers during the assorting of large articles, for which wired Light Modules are difficult to use
- Product Category:General Goods
- Solution:Increase Speed
- Picking System:Put to Light
Because of an increased efficiency in assorting articles, it was possible to handle an increased amount of goods and decrease lead times without additional personnel.
- By utilizing the flexibility of Wireless Light Modules and adapting floor layouts, work planned in multiple batches could be finished as a single batch, increasing efficiency.
- Five-colored Multi-Work Light Modules allowed simultaneous task processing by five workers. Simultaneous tasks were carried out by multiple workers without color-coding mistakes, by checking goods via barcode scanners and without pressing a button on the Light Module after completion of each task.
- Because workers did not have to carry pencil and paper, they were able to work more quickly.
Wireless put-to-light systems for simultaneous assorting by multiple workers
- Wireless Light Modules are placed on racks, after which barcode scanners read the QR code of the Wireless Light Module’s ID and that of the branch KANBAN, linking them with the shipping destination. The worker then confirms that the shipping name shown on the Wireless Light Module is correct.
- The worker takes the barcode scanner corresponding to his or her assigned color from five available color-coded barcode scanners and hangs it from his or her neck.
- Then the worker scans the barcode of the delivered articles.
- The worker next carries articles to the location flashing his or her assigned color and deposits the displayed number of articles. Because different colors are displayed at the same time, different workers can supply the same location with articles at the same time and at different speeds.
- When a barcode scanner reads the KANBAN QR code, the Light Module’s indicated color disappears.
- At the final assorting location the worker checks the remaining stock of the given article and is shown the number remaining at hand. This confirmation verifies the assorted numbers.
- When all tasks are completed, a destination label is attached to each container, which is then packaged and shipped.
Company C: Food Products
Five people assort simultaneously! Wireless light modules dramatically increase work efficiency!
- Increase Speed
- Put to Light
SHINNIPPON Calendar Co., Ltd.
Pairing of pick to light system and piece sorters with 50 chutes enables assorting by up to 186 users per batch!
- General Goods
- Save Labor
- Put to Light
- Pick to Light