This cell production support system based on the Projection Picking System (PPS) shortens the training period from seven days to two days
- Product Category:Parts
- Industry:Assembly Plants
- Solution:Training Period
- Picking System:Cell Production
- Product:AW SeriesMWU SeriesProjection Picking System(PPS)
- Since the video, picture, and comment displays remove the need to memorize procedures, the average training period was reduced from seven days to two days.
- The torque screwdriver signal and the error-proofing function of the Projection Picking System (PPS) are linked. This prevents operators from picking the wrong parts and forgetting to insert screws.
- Operations were improved so shelves dedicated to each model are switched out. This resulted in a 70% decrease in the space required for parts around cells.
A cell production support system equipped with production procedure displays and error-proofing functions
- Our company constructs a working area and frame equipped with a projector and camera. The operator places pull-out shelves on a cart, and places the cart behind the frame.
- The operator uses the PPS to read the manufacturing instructions and barcodes on the shelves, checks the shelves, and then starts working.
- The operator picks parts from the openings illuminated by the Projection Picking System (PPS).
- If the operator pulls out the wrong shelf, the system detects the AR marker on the side of the shelf, and alerts the operator by illuminating the entire shelf in red light and sounding an error alarm (error-proofing function of the Projection Picking System (PPS)).
- The top of the display area features large displays of videos, pictures, and comments that illustrate the work procedure. The operator follows the procedure on display.
- Power is supplied to the torque screwdrivers during the screw tightening process. When a screw is tightened in the position indicated by the Projection Picking System (PPS), the system receives a “complete” signal from the torque screwdriver, and subtracts one from the number of remaining screws.
- The operator continues to follow the procedures on display until the model is complete.